Microsoft Power BI is a business analytics service that delivers insights to enable fast, informed decisions. It can analyze and correlate data from a variety of sources including on-premises and in the cloud and transform that data into stunning visuals that can deliver critical insights into virtually any area of an organization.
But learning how to leverage the “power” of Power BI can be challenging especially if various data sources need to be combined to deliver real insights. Power BI Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) is a very powerful way of creating new information from data already in your model however DAX is complicated. And once you get the information you need how do you present it in a way that makes sense for your audience?
Silect can help. Silect has been working with Power BI since 2015 and understands how to turn data into actionable knowledge. Silect is a Power BI Red Carpet Program Partner and have several solutions one of which is highlighted in the Power BI Partner Showcase:
If you need Power BI training or custom Power BI dashboards Silect can deliver. We know Power BI. We know software development.
Power BI Dashboards for SCOM (1 Day)
Outline: This course covers most basic to advanced topics of Power BI, that helps you to utilize amazing capabilities of Power BI in your business. You will also learn many tips and tricks using the DAX calculations, modelling, and default visuals. Moreover, you will also get data, assignments and hands on projects to practice the concepts. Although this course focuses on using data from your SCOM environment, the course will prepare you to build Power BI dashboards using any data source.
- Introduction to Power BI
- Data Accessing and transformation: Get Data, Power Query, Data Cleaning, Advanced Editor, Custom Columns, Merge, Append, Group by, Sort by, Functions and Parameters
- Data Modelling and Relationships: Filter Context, Row Context, CALCULATE, ALL, FILTER, Time Intelligence, CALENDAR Tables, Relationships, USERELATIONSHIP, SUMMARIZE, ADDCOLUMN, COUNTX, SUMX, RANKX
- Data Visualization: Cross Filtering, Exploring the story, Drill Through, Relative Date Filters, Bar Charts, Slicer, Disconnected Slicers, Tree Map, and Card visuals, Custom Visuals, DAX Measures, Calculate KPIs, Bookmarks, Paging, Tooltips
- Power BI Service: Create and Share Workspace, Create Dashboards, Q/A, Data Gateway, Create Power BI Apps, Schedule Refresh, Row Level Security, Incremental Refresh
- Power BI Report Server: Setup, Upload reports, Refresh
Dashboard in a Day (DIAD)
Microsoft in partnership with Silect Software are pleased to invite you to a free 1-day workshop covering the capabilities of Power BI. The goal of this informational session is to help you understand how to analyze your data in a rich and compelling way. Whether you are evaluating its ability to meet organizational requirements around data visualization and analysis or are looking to learn how it can help you be more efficient and make a greater impact on the work you do every day, this is the workshop for you.
At the end of the day, attendees will better understand how to:
- Connect to, import, and transform data from a variety of sources
- Define business rules and KPIs
- Explore data with powerful visualization tools
- Build stunning reports
- Share dashboards with their team and business partners, and publish them to the web
Power BI Dashboard Samples
Here are some interactive examples of our work with Power BI (and please note these examples use anonymized / sample data):
SCOM Alert Overview
Contact Us to learn more about our Power BI training and development services