MP Studio Getting Started
Getting Started with MP Studio
Become familiar with MP Studio’s features by reviewing the video recording:
Begin your evaluation from the MP Studio console’s Getting Started page. Here you will find feature definitions and “how to get there” instructions on most features. You can explore feature links and associated instructions of each subsection, including how to: View & Document MPs, Develop & Customize MPs, Test & Tune MPs, Manage MP Versions, Compare & Audit MPs.
Download MP Studio
Use the link provided by your sales representative.
- The download .zip file will contain an Installation Guide and Readme file within the installation directory, please review these documents before completing your installation of MP Studio. NOTE this is a special release with evaluation licence already installed so ignore instructions related to unzipping and installing a licence.
- Prior to installing MP Studio please install System Center Operations Manager 2012 Console and .NET Framework 4.0 or later. (Please note that the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012/2016 Console needs to be present on the system where MP Studio for SCOM 2012/2016 is being installed, so that MP Studio can access required Operations Manager DLLs.)
- MP Studio v8.x supports Operations Manager 2012 , 2016 only.
- Access to a local or remote SQL server is also required before launching MP Studio, SQL Server 2012/2014 is recommended.
The complete installation consists of two steps: (1) execute the setup file; (2) complete the MP Studio Setup Wizard on initial launch.
- Execute Setup.exe to install the MP Studio application.
- The evaluation license is embedded in the V8 folder
- Complete the installation and configuration by stepping through the entire MP Studio Setup Wizard during the initial launch of MP Studio.
- To initially populate MP Studio’s repository, known as the Store, with copies of all Microsoft management packs you will work with, right click on Store root and choose Add All Sealed MPs, then browse the folder containing sealed MPs. If the management packs are not available locally then right click on the Store root and choose Download Microsoft Management Packs from the Internet. For more information view the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_5PFSApcBI&index=5&list=PLD619885E27E833CA