ConfigWise for System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Reporting and More
Silect’s ConfigWise gives you immediate insight to your Configuration Manager environment with out-of-the-box reporting dashboards, including historical reporting, trend analysis and web-based reporting. ConfigWise is your solution for enhanced System Center reporting aligned to your business needs without complex report development or application integration.
Deploying Settings Management in SCCM 2012? Save time and effort by automatically generating configuration baselines from a “golden master” system with ConfigWise and export directly to Configuration Manager 2012.
Bring the benefits of ConfigWise’s robust dashboard reporting capabilities and extended platform support to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and 2012:
- Enhance System Center Configuration Manager reporting with customizable reporting dashboards, including historical reporting and policy compliance trends over time
- Obtain a central view of system and application configuration compliance by integrating Configuration Manager data with information collected across Windows, Linux and VMware
- Satisfy SLA reporting requirements and minimize the risk of unknown configuration changes across the enterprise wtih proactive compliance assessment against baselines, including identification of prohibited applications
- Proactively assess and verify software license compliance and reduce unnecessary license fees by identifying software inventory not being used
- Realize operational efficiencies and reduce costs by automating the manual data collection process needed for license compliance audits, redundant software cost control, vendor contract negotiations and budget planning
- Centrally track hardware and software assets over time, including both Microsoft and non-Microsoft systems and applications
- Maintain a central configuration information repository, including applications, configuration settings, files, registry settings, Group Policy Objects and more
- Lower IT costs and reduce reactive fire-fighting due to configuration errors by automating data collection and reporting of expected and unexpected change results; supply change audit reporting for PCI-DSS, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and more
- Report and roll up software updates from System Center Configuration Manager and Windows Software Update Services to ensure patch levels are compliant across servers and workstations
ConfigWise for Configuration Manager features include:
- Out-of-the-box reporting for SCCM inventory, configuration compliance, license management and patch compliance
- View top “non-compliant” policies and systems at a glance and drill down directly to the configuration items, including the expected and actual values causing non-compliance
- Robust policy authoring and lifecycle management with automated policy generation from a configured “golden-master" system
- Leverage industry expertise and best practices with out-of-the-box templates, including Microsoft Security Compliance Manager baselines and SCAP baselines
- Central configuration collection and repository with integrated collection from System Center Configuration Manager
- Advanced filtering, historical reporting and trend analysis
- IT Pro-friendly report authoring with web-based reporting
- Real-time SQL-based collection to expand SCCM reporting capabilities such as reporting on Microsoft license usage
- Export report results to Excel or .pdf
- Policy-based configuration compliance monitoring and reporting for Windows, Linux and VMware
- Automatically generate configuration baselines from a “golden master” system to be used by ConfigWise or exported to SCCM's Settings Management or DCM
- Provide configuration health monitoring and reporting for SCCM server configurations and change management
ConfigWise includes policies and reporting dashboards for integration with System Center Configuration Manager as part of the standard ConfigWise Enterprise Edition product.
During pre-implementation planning and change management processes, ConfigWise will provide insight into your System Center environment including configuration inventory analysis, configuration health monitoring, desired state reporting and change management reporting. Prior to deploying Settings Management or DCM, ConfigWise can be used to inventory configurations and aggregate results, analyze change history and then export ConfigWise policies to SCCM as SCCM configuration baselines.
Want to extend SCCM's Settings Management or DCM capabilities to non-Windows environments, including Linux and VMware ESX? ConfigWise integrates seamlessly with SCCM to collect information about computers managed by SCCM as well as Settings Management or DCM configuration compliance results stored within the SCCM database. Then ConfigWise provides direct support for configuration integrity monitoring to non-Windows platforms and allows you to view the results within ConfigWise dashboards to provide a single view of your configuration compliance across the enterprise.
|View Product Demos