Design and Develop Management Packs for Operations Manager 2012 with Silect's MP Author - FREE
You don’t have to be a developer to build System Center Operations Manager management packs (MPs). Our intuitive and intelligent wizard-driven designer lets you build completely new MPs or even customize existing MPs for single or distributed applications—without needing knowledge of the underlying MP structure or XML development skills. And best of all, it’s FREE.
- Reduce the complexity of MPs by providing an intuitive interface for creating common discovery and monitoring scenarios
- Create management pack elements, including discoveries and classes using simple easy to use registry and WMI browsers, as well as via advanced scripting capabilities
- Author product knowledge
- Create new MPs without requiring access to the management group
- Optimize using Microsoft’s Best Practices Analyzer before production
Have an application that you’d like to manage within SCOM? With MP Design & Development you can design and develop MPs for in-house applications or applications that have no vendor supplied MP. You can also use MP Author to customize existing MPs by importing existing unsealed MPs and modify them to monitor exactly what you need and when you need it. Plus, with MP Validation you can verify the MP before you import it into OpsMgr.
Feb. 25, 2015: MP Author SP3 Released
MP Author is better than ever. The SP3 release of MP Author includes the following updates:
- Improved knowledge viewing and editing in multiple language environments
- Improved XML editing
- New feature to "Check for missing display names"
- Added ability to use base classes other than LocalApplication when creating new classes
- Additional MP elements are displayed
- Added a drop down list of $$ parameters for alert messages
- Schedule property grid made more user friendly
- Improvements to memory usage
We've also fixed a number of bugs in this release.
Download MP Author for Free
MP Author is provided completely free from Silect Software. Register by filling out the brief contact form and then follow the emailed instructions to download MP Author. You will need to supply a valid email ID in order to receive the download instructions. So you can learn more about using MP Author, we have also provided a self-service MP Author Support Portal for you to reference whenever you need it. Feel free to watch demos, tutorials, read the FAQs and technical documentation to help you get the most out of your free MP Author software.